Friday, February 24, 2006

Preparing for Lake of the Woods

I was off today from work because I worked last Sunday. I'm starting to get everything together for Lake of the Woods this weekend. First thing I needed was some socks. I ran to Gander Mountain and purchases 2 pairs of SmartWools. This is the first time I have ever purchased SmartWool socks and they better be worth it for $16.99 a pair! I also ran to Wal-Mart (which I hate) and got a few pairs of cotton socks to wear under my SmartWools.

Next I ran (drove) over to the good ole' Apple Valley liquer store to purchase some “sandwiches” for this weekend (sandwich in every beer). I thought about Blatz and Hamms because I didn't want any Premium or Mich Golden Light this year. After staring at the beer selection for a few moments I decided on the Miller High Life Light.

The only other items I need to purchase before this weekend are some lunches and a 06' fishing license. I have all my fishing equipment ready to rock, knifes sharpened & Vexlar battery charged.

Peace out pudding hatch
-MikeyB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you wear cotton sox under your smart wool sox you'll be defeating the purpose of the smart wool. They are to wick moisture away from your feet, in turn keeping them warmer. Cotton doesn't do that. So if you put cotton socks under your smart wools you just waisted 32 bucks.

MikeyB said...

True...what about wearing some older wool socks over the smartwools?

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator