Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Jeep Update

Shane dropped off my axle last night. My goal is to get everything together tonight except for the drivers side because I still have to do some minor work on the Grand Cherokee backing plate I got from u-pull. Once everything is complete I will have to break in the gears slowly by driving 10 miles then let everything cool down. I will have to repeat this process 5 times within a few days. I also have a 'To Do' list I need to start on.

'To Do' list
·Hook up e-brake cable.
·Add 2-3" of bump stops to the front using hockey pucks.
·Install the tranny cooler that has been sitting on my work bench for the past 5 months.
·Fix the leaking windshield fluid bottle.
·Make an air dam for the air filter.
·Quick disconnects holders need to be relocated.

Need to buy
·Quarter panel guards from Rock Lizard Fab to ensure no more damage is done to my quarter panels.
·Dana 30 Axle Tube Seals to keep any muck & water out of the front axle.

I also finally found the rear bumper & tire carrier I want. It is made by a company called Rigid Fabrication. It is a very stout bumper with tons of mounts. It also has a nice body line as you can see from the pictures, which is hard to find for the Cherokees. This would also replace my hitch because a hitch is intergrated with the bumper. Then on top of all that it is about $500 cheaper than every other bumper/tire carrier combo I have seen.

You can see more pictures here.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator