Friday, February 24, 2006

James Blunt - Back To Bedlum


After watching James Blunt's live appearance on SNL my first reaction (and I even said this out loud) was, “This guy sounds like shit”. I naturally ignored buying the album until people (mostly ladies) kept saying that it’s a great album. I asked a friend at work to bring me her copy of ‘Back To Bedlum’ and I ripped it to mp3.

I gave the album a listen and now I know why all the ladies get a tingle in their grundy undies after listening to this album. It’s like David Gray mated with lead singer Adam Levine of Maroon 5 and thus was born James Blunt.

The album ‘Back To Bedlum’ is very strong all the way through. You can listen to every song on this album without being disappointed. A few highlights from the album would be ‘High’, ‘You’re Beautiful’, 'Goodbye My Lover’, & ‘Out Of My Mind’. So I bet you are thinking, “So what is wrong with this album?”, My answer is 2 things. (1) All the songs sound the same and (2) the album only has 10 song for a total of 39 minutes.

I will give this album 4 out of 5 snorks.
Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket


James Blunt Bio.
James Blunt’s family have served in one kind of army or another since 995A.D. A long line of warriors. Savages really. Not a musical bone in any one of their bodies. The only music he heard growing up was “Happy Birthday” and “Silent Night”. His father considered all music, even classical, to be unnecessary noise. Although James was not one to rock the family boat, he didn’t really think he was going to join the army – it sort of crept up on him. Plus his family didn’t have a boat. Aged fourteen he just held the teenage conviction that he would have an interesting life. MORE…

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator