Thursday, March 01, 2007

Wolfmothertastic

Aimee & I just got back from the Wolfmother show at The Myth in Maplewood. Excellent show! They sound great live! They pretty much played everything off of their self titled debut album. Little bummed we only got to hear 1 new song called Love Attacker. You would think after touring more than a year that they would be really sick and tired of playing the same songs over and over again. The lead singer decided to grow a beard and I was waiting for him to paint some happy trees. This was the first time we have ever been to the Myth and I was impressed. The lighting was unbelievable! Plus it wasn't 100 degrees like it would be at 1st ave. I could feel cold air being blown into the joint. The layout of the place and the acoustics were great. It was just weird driving to Maplewood next to the mall to see a concert.

My only complaint was the crowd. There is an awesome concert going on and these fuckers are on their god damn cell phones? Who in the hell are you talking to in the middle of an ear deafening rock concert? Why did you waste the $32 to see this band if you are going to be instant messaging your buddies all night. Get off of your cell phone and show some fricking respect! I also heard someone behind me compare Wolfmother to Led Zeppelin. I could have punched the moron on the spot.

So in review.
Wolfmother = Gnarly
The Myth = Gnarly
Crowd = Ghey teenagers with cell phones planted to their ears.

-MikeyB

2 comments:

Corey said...

Sounds like it was fun. I got a call from someone I work with, at about 6pm, and he got two free tix for the show and asked me to go but we decided not to go. I've compaired Wolfmother to Led Zeppelin, I personally think that they also sound like The Raconteurs as well. You probably hate me for saying that but they do. I thought that the song Joker & The Thief was The Raconteurs when I first heard it.

MikeyB said...

I can see The Raconteurs comparison. Aimee even said the same thing. With Wolfmother only having 1 album I just can't compair them to Zeppelin. They do however try hard to be that 70's rock jam type band. They did a 5 minute guitar solo jam last night but with the large crowd they would bum rush the stage if they just jammed all night not play their hits.

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator