Monday, April 24, 2006

Weekend in Review

mmm...mmm...good. I just got done eating a delicious taco salad from the cafeteria here at work. Time to write about the weekend.

Friday - Aimee's mom (Cindi) was scheduled to have a
Hysterectomy at 7am. We left our place at 5:15am and followed Jason to the hospital in St.Lous Park. We got to say hi to Cindi just before she went into surgery. After that is was a waiting game. We sat in the front lounge area for a while and I caught up on a few winks of sleep. We later went to the cafeteria to hang out waiting for our little buzzer to go off letting us know Cindi was out of surgery.

The surgery was suppose to last from 7am-11am then a 2 hour recovery time. After a consultation with the Doctor and finding out that the surgery was a complete success we headed back down to the cafeteria for some lunch. The food was actually pretty good. I had a grill chicken sandwich and some onion rings. mmm..onion rings! Finally our buzzer went off again which meant we can go se Cindi in her room. She was pretty tired from the anesthesia and only getting a couple hours of sleep the night before. She had to stay awake to let the anesthesia work it's way out of the body.

We left the hospital around 5:30pm. Aimee went back that night to stay with Cindi overnight. I don't think Aimee got much sleep because the nurse could not find a reclining chair for Aimee to sleep in. But the good news is Cindi is doing really good and should be out of the hospital soon.

Saturday - I woke up around 8am and I figured Aimee would call me to let me know when she was coming back. It was still early so I decided to take a 15 mile bike ride down to Farmington and back. I brought my cell phone just incase Aimee called. I get back home and still haven't heard from Aimee. I went over to
Target to get some household items, still no call from Aimee. Finally noon rolls around and there is a call. She tells me that Jason and Suzie are up at the hospital and they are all going down to get some lunch. That's coo', I'll just run to Chipotle for a tasty burrito bol. Aimee gets home around 3pm and heads for bed at 5:30pm 'ish.

I ran into James when I was heading over to
Target and he mentioned that he was going to have his lawn ferry, sorry I mean soccer team over for a party that night. I thought what the hell, I might as well go because Aimee is out for the night and I have nothing to do. I get over there and they are just finishing up some bocce' ball action. Then James comes up this this great idea of playing a ping-pong drinking game which he saw at the last party we were at. There is one problem, James doesn't own a ping-pong table. With how ingenious James is, he grabs both trash cans and puts a board over each can. The point of the game is to throw the ping-pong ball into your opponents cup and then if you make it, they have to slam that cup. This super game lasts about 1 hour when we finally realize how ghey it is. Finally we move onto a real drinking game that is much more fun, speed quarters! Yay, I'm not bad and this game! We used the same garbage cans and put a wooden door that James had sitting in his garage on top of the cans. This worked awesome for large crowds! I was doing pretty damn good until Cliff showed up. Cliff is the master of all games that involve quarters. My problem? He is standing to the right of me which means I lose a lot!

After some drinking here comes another ingenious idea, lets move James's' shed. 8 drunk guys moving a shed in the middle of the dark. This could turn out to be Darwinism at it's best. We all tried lifting the shed but to no avail. Next it was time to roll it. Yeah you heard me, roll it. Surprisingly rolling the shed onto the roof and around worked. Everyone left with all their appendages intact. BTW James ran out of beer at 9pm which he should be ashamed of. Luckily I had a 8 gallon keg of Coors Light and my place.

Sunday - We went to the Hospital to visit Cindi and she appeared to be doing well or so we thought. It turns out she now has a
staph infection. She is now receiving antibiotics for the infection. Hopefully she will be released on Wednesday.

After our visit Aimee and I went for a bike ride to Suzie and Jason's so they can test out their new
Burley trailer they bought for Laynie. We rode down to a park in Farmington for Laynie to play in the swing. After 20 minutes or so the sunlight was starting to dim and Aimee and I had another 10 miles to go. We started on hwy 50 and headed north on Cedar to get home. We got home just as the sun was below the horizon and ended up cycling 18 miles... and we lived happily ever after.

The End.
-MikeyB




0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator