Friday, April 28, 2006

Specialized Avatar Gel Saddle

After a few bike rides this spring I noticed that my butt was hurting because I was still using the original seat that came with my Trek 4300 mtn bike. I was fed up and I went over to my local Erik's bike shop to search for a new seat. I wan't to keep the new seat in the $60 price range. After a few minutes of looking I saw the Specialized gel seat and it was at the right price of $58 (on sale). Only one problem, there were 3 sizes. Which size do I get? Erik's has a size chart where you sit down on a large gel pad for 1 minute, once you get up they will measure the distance between your sit-bones. Sizes Available: 130, 143 & 155. I ended up with the 143 size. After a 100 miles of using this seat I have really noticed a difference. My sit-bones, AKA butt, is not sore after biking and you do not feel soreness everytime you sit in a chair after a long ride. I would recommend this seat in a heartbeat. It was the best $58 I have ever put towards my bike.

-MikeyB

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator