Thursday, April 20, 2006

Bikey Part Cinco

Pete and I went out for a ride last evening before the storms were to hit (which they didn't). We decided to do a Tour de Bloomington. We started out at Pete's apartment and headed down to the river bottoms to see how wet they were. Well...they were about 6-9 feet under water. The Minnesota river was still running high because of the extra snow melt up north and the spring rains. By the time we will be able to bike down there the bugs will be out in full swing and the vegetation will be overgrown.

We left the river and continued our ride down Old Shakopee rd down to hwy 100 & headed north. I totally forgot the hills heading up 100, it was a leg burner. Once we got up to the hwy 494 frontage rd we stopped at the Super America for a piss break. I was starting to get a little worn out so I bought a few PowerBars (because I would have felt like an asshole charging 1 powerbar to my check card) and when I got to the register, mind you I was wearing a bike helmet, camelback & biking shorts, the casher asked me if I had any gas? I was just thinking...uuuuhhhduuuuhhh. MORON!! I'm not wearing this helmet for my health!

We started on the home stretch back to Pete's when we get to Lyndale and I thought to myself, "mmmm...sliders". Time for a detour! We started to crave the unthinkable, yes White Castle! Off we go down Lyndale for some dinner. 7 cheese sliders later we are off. As we our on our way back the sun was just about down and we were on the side walk ready to cross a street. Pete was in front of me and there was a green light & walk signal too when this 90's something Cutlass pulls up and appears to have looked both ways and sees us. Nope, Pete starts to go and so does the guy in the Cutlass. He hits Pete with the drivers side bumper of the car and the guy didn't even notice until Pete starts to yell at him and he looks in his rearview mirror. The guy turns around to make sure Pete was ok and to make sure he doesn't flee the scene of an accident. Pete ends up with a nice cut across his shin with bruises and his bike appeared to be fine. The guy kept on complaining about those darn right turns on red. Dude it's just a red light, that's like stopping at a stop sign. You look left, you look right and left again, then go! Dumb ass!! Luckly we were only a few miles from Pete's so he sucked it up and finished the ride.

Bikey Stats
Moving Time: 1:52:00
Distance: 33km(20.5mi)
Moving Speed: 17.7km/h(11.0mph) avg. - 45.38km/h (28.2mph) max.
Elevation Gain: +391m(+1,281ft)/-387m(-1,271ft)
Max Grade: 23.9°
Temperature: 16.1°C(61°F)
Wind Speed: SE 11.5knots(13.2mph) avg. - SE 13knots(15mph) max.

1 comments:

pete said...

Leg feels good today. Thanks for the write-up.

-pete

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator