Wednesday, May 30, 2007

IMDB - The Searchers (1956)

The Searchers (1956) - Dang, John Wayne is one cocky son of a B. He's takin' names and kickin' some ass in The Searchers. The movie does drag on a little too long and it skips forward about 8 years which is hard to tell because they do not transition it very well through out the film. My favorite character was Mose played by Hank Worden and his dopey one liners. Not too bad of a flick if you're craving some classic shoot 'em up, knock 'em down Cowboys and Indians type stuff.

7 out of 10 stars.

-MikeyB

4 comments:

Captain Random said...

I don't know what it is, but I was never able to get into the old Westerns. Maybe it was cause my Dad liked them so much and watched them all the time and I'm subconsciously rebelling. I don't know.

But me no likey the Westerns. Except for The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly ... that's a classic.

MikeyB said...

What about Unforgiven? That is a great movie.

Captain Random said...

Sad to say, but I don't believe I ever saw Unforgiven. Although I've heard it's good.

anne elizabeth fern said...

High Plains Drifter is my favorite western. Just thought I'd weigh in here, because I've watched a lot of them through the years.

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator