Saturday, May 19, 2007

Tile Complete

I am happy to announce that the front entry way tile is now complete. Thank god I went to that class at the Tile Shop otherwise this could have been a disaster. I'm very happy with the way it turned out and can't wait until we have an open house party.


I had to rip up the old vinyl. I think this was one of the worst parts because they used so much glue. I just sat there chipping away at it for a couple hours.


This was after I put down the self leveling mortar. As you can see a little miss Libby kitty decided to leave some tracks behind.

This picture is just after removing the tile spacers so no grout yet.

All grouted, dry and sealed. Last thing to do is clean the tile and put the base boards back on.

-MikeyB

3 comments:

Corey said...

Dude that looks fantastic! Wanna come over and retile my bathrooms? LOL.

Melanie said...

Way to go!! Looks pretty!

The class must have been helpful. Now you have your degree in grout and tile! Congrats.

Like Corey said, You'll be giving us some tips when we redo our bathroom. :)

MikeyB said...

Just picked up some tile for the laundry room. Home Depot usually has a deal on one of their end caps for 1 time buys for .40-.70 cents a tile perfect for small rooms.

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator