Tuesday, January 24, 2006

To add a little insult to injury I accidentally broke off the caliper mount for the rear disc brakes. So...I get to go to u-pull on Sat & pull of some disc brakes off of a Crown Vic to replace my old ones. Right now the Jeep is sitting in the garage with the rear axle torn apart and it will stay that way for at least a few weeks. I have to order some new gears on Friday from Mad4WD. It appears the Detroit locker is ok. I think the bearings on the right side of the locker were not a good fit causing the locker to spin the bearings off which would cause the ring & pinion not to line up correctly.

Enough of this bad news. On the other hand my Dad & I went out to Carls lake on Saturday and I caught 7 sunfish/bluegill, 1 small walleye & 1 crappie. But my Dad got skunked that day. The fish were biting so light that we had to use some horizontal jigs. I started to use some wax worms instead of minnows during the day and it was a lot of fun catching the bluegill. It's better than not catching anything at all. I went over to Gander Mountain last night and found some awesome new jigs made by Fiskas. They are awesome little jigs made from Tungsten so they are small but heavy enough that you can feel them at the end of your line.

Some Wax worm facts: Wax worms are not made of Wax. They get there name because the larvae feed on pollen, honey in honeybee combs. In contrast to its name, the wax moth does not digest beeswax. It lives on impurities in comb and for this reason prefers to infest beeswax comb that has been used for brood rearing. Foundation is seldom bothered and only by small larvae that often die before reaching the adult stage. In capped honey, young larvae tunnel just below the cappings. This causes harvested honey to leak from packages and makes comb honey less attractive and salable. After the larvae stage they turn into a Wax Moth, also referred to as a Bee Moth.
Wax Moth Link

1 comments:

pete said...

Sorry to hear about the car... I have been using those Fiskas for a few years now. I really like them. Also more info on Wax Worms: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waxworm

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator