Monday, January 23, 2006

Jeep Problems


A couple of weeks ago I started to hear & feel this weird vibration noises coming from the rear of my Jeep. If you don't know I have a Dana 44 with 4.56 gears and a Detroit locker in the rear. On Friday I decided to investigate so I took off the rear diff cover and I find out that there are 2 teeth missing on my pinion gear. For the non-car buffs out there this is really bad. I pulled out the Detroit and took the ring gear off which would now enable me to put the Jeep in 4wd and drive it using front wheel drive. Now I have to take everything apart again and take a better look to make sure the locker is ok and if everything is ok I have to order new gears & master install kit. Then on top of that find someone that can install it. I personally think the bearings failed allowing them to slip off of the Detroit and went down from there. This really sucks.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator