Sunday, June 17, 2007

Hair, Hair and More Hair

It finally happened, we broke down and bought a Dyson vacuum. With the new carpet and wood floors all we would ever see is cat hair, dog hair & Aimee hair. The little $70 Eureka vacuum we purchased 5 years ago was not making the cut. I vacuumed the upstairs and yack! Just looking at what it picked me up made me want to barf (Not in here, mister! This is a Mercedes!). I do enjoy vacuuming and yelling out in my worst English accent, "Oh wow mummy dearest, it never looses suction!". Wow I feel old, I'm all excited about a frickin' vacuum cleaner. A VACUUM CLEANER!! Pretty soon I'll be jumping for joy over a pair of dentures. To quote the famous Ferris Bueller, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.".

-MikeyB

6 comments:

Melanie said...

I knew you'd break down and just buy one...they're frickin' awesome aren't they. We love ours.

I know what you mean about being excited about a vacuum...sad, huh?

Did you end up getting the purple dyson?

MikeyB said...

Yup we got the Animal DC17. It sucks good :)

Corey said...

They're awesome.

A word of warning though. Ours scratched our floor in the sunroom.

I'd say your best bet for the wood is to use the wand and suck up the big stuff, and then just use the BONA mop and cleaner that Aimee bought. That stuff is the chit!

Aimee said...

I re-vacuumed today, I love it that much.
The hose is quite hard to manuveur since it's so new.
And yes, it does scratch the floor...not good. But it cleaned up very well. And the large, zoey-size furball under the sofas was amazing!!

Melanie said...

Aimee, about the hose...I didn't like the hose at first either, until I figured it out...it actually stretches out further than you think. I'll have to show you sometime, unless you figure it out on your own.

Anonymous said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSER!

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator