Sunday, September 10, 2006

Algoma, WI Part II

We went out on the boat early this morning, I'm talking 4:30am wake up call. It was a crisp 48 degrees but the water temp was 70 degrees so it made the trip bearable. Winds were howling from the east at 5-10 mph causing some 5 foot rollers. We were starting to take bets who was going to loose their breakfast first. I really thought I was going to ralph for a while but it didn't take long before I got my sea legs & I was ok. Steve was looking a little green and it really set him off when he was trying to fill out his fishing permit. It was a very slow day as we only caught 5 king salmon and lost 3 . Off the pier people were catching Chinook as they come in to the river to breed. Our luck has it we didn't even bring a fishing pole to use and no one wanted to piss away $40 on a crappy rob reel combo to use for one afternoon. With about 15 minutes before we were about to head in Steve had enough and he decided to chum for fish over the side of the boat. Steve was the only one to puke today. When we got back around noon everyone was wiped out and napped for a couple hours. We will be up again tomorrow morning around 5am for round two and I hope it will be better than today.

-MikeyB





1 comments:

Aimee said...

Dad looks like he's having fun.
I heard Jason didn't catch a damn thing, not even a boot, or a dead body?
I miss you at home, my sanity is wearing thin with the dog. I've picked up running as a hobby now to wear off some of her steam. Maybe Andy would like two running partners.
See ya tomorrow.
Love, Mommy and Poopy Puggy

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator