Thursday, June 01, 2006

Give Blood

Memorial Blood Center is at Best Buy Corp today & tomorrow looking for blood, BLOOD I SAY!! I was about to give a normal blood donation until they looked at the chart and said I was a perfect candidate for apheresis donation. The apheresis donation process allows just platelets to be collected from your blood. Blood is drawn into the blood cell separator where the platelets are removed. The rest of your blood is then returned to you through the same arm. It was pretty funky seeing your plasma in a separate bag and then being pumped back into your arm. They repeat the process about 4 times and it takes roughly 30 minutes. If you are squeamish around blood or needles this is not for you. This was just my second time making a donation. It's was one of those things that I would see and be like, oh that looks like a good idea, I should sign up but I never did. I did find out that my blood type is O- which is the universal blood type that only 7% of the nation has, so I got that going for me.

I'll be heading up to Gilbert tomorrow for some off-roading action. Saturday is national trails day and we will be doing some trail maintance. I'll be going up solo because everyone bailed on me (You know who you are! *cough*James, Kris, Corey*cough*) but I'll be meeting up with some members of my off-road club Twin City Off-Road. Depending on the weather I might come back Saturday but who knows. I'll post some pictures when I get back.

Urban Dictionary Word'O'Day
1.v-string
similar to a g-string, victorias secret named there g-strings this. Also the fabric portion which covers up the front and rear is shaped as a V, while there are still strings on each side, joining the front to back.
Victoria's Secret's V-String are my favorite because they are comfortable and look sexy.

-MikeyB

1 comments:

pete said...

Now I know whose blood to drink when I am low. Thanks man!

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator