Tuesday, June 13, 2006

New Computer

I finally bought a new computer last night. I went to the A.V. Best Buy and damn, I hate BBY retail employees. When I use to work at a BBY retail location I remember all the steps they would teach you to convince people to buy service plans and accessories so when I went in I totally screwed the pimple faced 17 year old that was selling me this computer.

First off I went in knowing what I wanted and I was messing around with the computers on the display. When the employee came up to me I just said, "I'll take this computer package and the 19" LCD upgrade.". The employee just had a blank stare on his face like a deer in headlights and you know he was thinking, "ahhh shit". What the employee is suppose to do is contact the customer A.S.A.P. (which he didn't) and start to build up a rapport (kissing ass) with the customer. Once you build up that rapport you have a better chance (in hell) of selling more services. So after I tell him I want this package he quickly scrambles and starts to rattle off the pitch for the service plan, 3 minutes late I said, "Nay". Then is was time to rattle of some crappy Geek Squad services (Geek Squad "agents" are the same techs that were in the store before. No extra training) and I said, "Nay". He brings me up to the service counter so I can talk to the Geek Squad agents about the store set-up process as he grabs all the products. The GS agent asks me what computer I'm getting and I said, "Oh I'm getting the GT5058 gateway.". He then turns to the other GS agent who we will call "Dork" and says, " Hey Dork does the 5058 come with a reboot disc?, Dork Says, "No only the ...blah blah blah models...comes with the restore discs. Most manufactures do not come with restore discs anymore...". Basically they were trying to get me to buy the $29.00 restore disc. I said, "Nay".

now it's time to ring everything up. I tell Mr. Big Ugly Casher Guy that he needs to ring up the packages as a regular sale because my employee discount will not work with packages. He doesn't believe even though I just looked that day in the pricing system to see if an employee transaction will work so he rings it up and I'm on my way home. I get home (which is only a block away) and look at the receipt, it's off by $100 bucks. Time to head back to the store. I bring in the receipt and the Service Supervisor fixes the transaction for me. Finally after 2 hrs of fucking around I finally have my computer. I got a
Gateway GT5058 with a 19" LCD monitor. I got everything going last night, installed some antivirus software and she's rockin' the interweb now.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator