Monday, June 12, 2006

Brush With Death!

Ok, not really a brush with death, just a brush of a baseball denting my face. Yesterday Aimee and I along with Jason & Suzie went to the Twins game. We had some sweet tickets, section 131, row 13 which was just behind the Twinkies bench. Bad part is you have to pay close attention when you have a lefty at the plate. Lucky for me I was because I almost got beamed by a baseball that foul tipped off of a Baltimore players bat. I was sitting on the isle seat and I could see the ball jetting up the stands at me and at the last second I leaned to the left into Aimee. The ball hit the left arm of the guy behind me which would have been my face! The ball went flying up another 4 rows. The guy behind me had a nice raspberry on his arm and I would bet, you could find some of his skin on the baseball. Note to self: Next time I go to a baseball game make sure to bring a glove. As I think back on my brush of a baseball denting my face it would have been bad ass to catch the ball in mid air. With my ninja like reflexes I bet I could have caught it.

Urban Dictionary Word'O'Day
1. d20
1: A 20 sided die. 2: A gaming system devloped to play Dungeons and Dragons and other table-top RPGs.
We could play Star Wars d20 or Modern d20.


-MikeyB

6 comments:

pete said...

When the hell didn't you just ninja fist it? Glad to hear you didn't get hit though. :)

MikeyB said...

If only I had my bowstaff.

Captain Random said...

Was the guy behind you holding a tub of popcorn? I had a friend that was watching Sunday's game and she said some guy behind the net of homeplate got hit in the hand with a ball, while he was holding his popcorn. She said it looked like the tub of popcorn exploded. Was that you or the guy behind you?

MikeyB said...

Nope but we had a good view of the seats behind home plate. There were a few rockets that hit the net but I didn't see any popcorn flying in the air.

pete said...

No, no, he set the popcorn on the ledge, the ball hit the net and it sprayed all over about 8 people. I was watching the game, pretty funny.

MikeyB said...

Didn't see it. Maybe it was because I was enjoying my twisty cone. I don't like to be interrupted while I'm enjoying my segregated cone of glee.

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator