Thursday, April 05, 2007

Pain In The Jaw

Yesterday morning I was just about to enjoy my Kashi chewy granola bar. When I started to chew I could feel shooting pains on the right side of my jaw. It felt like I pulled a muscle in my jaw (pterygoideus internus is the muscle that hurts). I could talk, yawn and move my jaw just fine but once I put force on it like chewing I would feel shooting pains (it wasn't a tooth, I could feel pain when I put pressure on the muscle). After a couple of hours the right side of my face along the jaw line swelled up about three fold. I tried googling the problem but all I came up was TMJ and this was not TMJ. I did find some good stretching exercises while looking at the TMJ sites so I did a few of those and that seemed to help. The swelling did go down in an hour but was still a little tender. I took some Aleve when I got home to help with any swelling and pain. I'm feeling good today but just need to take it easy by not eating anything too hard which might retrigger the issue.

-MikeyB
 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator