Saturday, July 01, 2006

Home Again

Aimee and I returned home from our week long trip to Pelican Lake. We had a great time and damn time flies by when you're having fun! We are already planning on coming up again next year since the staff of Island View Resort were so great and we enjoyed staying in the newer A-frame log cabin. However, we did have an unexpected visitor. The first night Aimee and I could hear a high pitch squeaking noise coming from the ceiling. I turned on the Surefire flash light and didn't see a thing. Tuesday morning after waking up I see it flying around, yup a bat. Scared the hell out of me has it buzzed by me. Jim, my Dad and I investigated as the bat flew into the window curtain and then it hauled ass out of the curtain and you never saw 3 grown men move so fast! We contacted John, the owner of the resort, and John, Aimee and I were able to get the bat out after 5 minutes of running around the cabin.

Here are some pictures from the week.

Pelican Lake is located 1 hr north of Virgina off of hwy 53.


This was our log cabin we stayed in for the week.


First day I caught a 18 inch small mouth bass. Since the slot limit was between 14-20 inches I had to release it. Pound for pound these are the funnest fish to catch.


Check out this monster. My lure is just as large as the northern.


Aimee & I in our sweet matching rain outfits. It only rained for half a day the whole week.


Jim caught this rock bass in an interesting spot. He's got skillz.


We ended up catching our limit on northern pike fairly early in the week. This is just from an afternoon of fishing.


I caught a 18" large mouth bass. This was the largest bass I have ever caught.


Dad caught the largest northern pike at 30.5 inches long.


Pelican Lake is also known for large sunny & bluegills. We kept 28 of them one afternoon and they were a bitch to clean!


Here is a group photo from the last night of the trip.



-MikeyB

1 comments:

Guacaholic said...

Looks like fun! A classic MN vacation.

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator