Monday, December 03, 2007

Productive Weekend

Since I worked Thanksgiving weekend I decided to take Friday through Monday (today) off. One of my main projects was tiling the laundry room. I started on Friday by taking the washer and dryer out into the garage. Next was ripping up the old linoleum which I was afraid was going to be glued down like the front entry way was. To my surprise they didn't use much glue and the linoleum came right up. Second order of business, raise the floor. Some people like to raise the roof but I prefer the floor. There was a height difference between the wood floor and the concrete. If I were to lay the tile to the concrete I would have to use a lot of thin-set mortar. Instead what you do is get some self leveling mortar, mix it up and lay it over the concrete. Let the mortar dry for 24 hours and shazam, you have just raised the floor. The tiling itself wasn't too hard, just hard on your knees and time consuming. I laid the last title yesterday afternoon so I can grout the title today. I'm hoping to get the laundry room back together by tomorrow night. While I was titling Aimee was painting the dining room. Its the same color that was in there before but maybe a shade darker. We just wanted to get it a fresh coat of paint. I'll post up some pictures once I am finished

We also picked up a Christmas tree at the local Boyscout troop lot. I think we bought a Fraser Fir. I'm not the greatest at tree identification. Either way I don't think the Boyscout troop will be seeing us next year. They are a little high on the price scale. We really don't have a good place for a Christmas tree in our house. We ended up putting it next to the TV. Aimee got it all decorated and ready for the holiday season. Here are a few pictures.






6 comments:

Melanie said...

Looks like we have a few of the same ornaments. Hehe.

Yeah, don't buy a tree through the scout lots...way too expensive! We had so much fun going to a tree farm and cutting one down ourselves. We have a 12 foot tree and paid $30 (and we had a $3.00 off coupon on top of that!)

It's really fun and easy to cut one down. They provide the sawe and they also shake and bail your tree for you. If you need they can help you tie it to the roof of your car as well.

Did you get a big tree? You two have great vaulted ceilings too.

Melanie said...

I meant saw not sawe.

MikeyB said...

We didn't have a spot for a big tree. Not enough room. This one was 7'.

Corey said...

You can cut down any size tree you want. They've got everything from the Charlie Brown tree to something like we've got. And their all pretty much the same price. Spruce is $31.00 and Fir's are $34.00

anne elizabeth fern said...

If it's a douglas fir you can shake its hand and say hello. If it's prickly, then it's not a douglas fir :) It's only polite to introduce yourself to your tree with a friendly handshake :)

MikeyB said...

Aimee says we have a Fraser Fir. My bad. Its a x-mas tree...that's all that matters to me :)

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator