Saturday, December 08, 2007

Time To Vent

I don't know what it is but our townhouse which was made by Centex Homes is the biggest pain in the ass to get parts for. For example the spring loaded door hinges went out on the door to the garage. It requires a 4x4, 5/8" radius corner spring hinge with the off-set bolt pattern. I go to Home Depot, nothing. Menards, nothing. Ace Hardware, nothing. Fleet Farm, nothing. What the fuck!? None of them carried the off-set bolt pattern just the 'C' pattern. I have to go to web now to search. I found some at HomeHardwarePlus.com, fantastic! I get the package today...mmm...SHIT! They sent me regular non-spring hinges even though I ordered the ones with the springs. BTW I would have to buy a new door to get the "C" pattern to work.

Another example. I wanted to replace the bathtub spout because it's just nasty to begin with and when you pull up on the pin to engage the shower it shoots water out of the spout. I go to Home Depot and find a "Universal" tub spout. Universal my ass! Nothing is universal when it comes to Centex Homes. The problem is Centex welded a larger size thread on the pipe which new tub spouts will not fit on. Now I have 2 options; Find a specialty retails that might have this larger thread spout or have a plumber come out and weld on a new end.

FFF@#$%^&*(@#$R%^&*CCCKKK!!!
-MikeyB

2 comments:

pete said...

Weld or solder? If it is solder it is easy, I doubt they welded it.

MikeyB said...

ah yes soldered but still PITA.

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator