Monday, December 17, 2007

Holidazzle My Nizzle

Did you see us? Yes? No? Maybe? Well you couldn't miss us since we were first Toy Soldiers inline walking down Nicollet Mall with the Best Buy sponsor banner. It all started a couple weeks ago when a saw a post on our internal corporate website saying they needed some volunteers for the Macy's Holidazzle Parade. I figured what the hell so I fill out the forms for Aimee and I. Couple days later I got the confirmation e-mail that we were in it. All we knew was that we were Toy Soldiers and at the time we only could guess what that involved because they did not have an example costume on the Holidazzle website. We had to be at the Hyatt by 5pm to get our costumes. We arrived a little early and were one of the first people to get our costumes on. Maybe not the greatest of ideas because now we had to wait around for an hour wearing these outfits which were very warm since you have to wear your warm weather gear under them. So we would stand outside, stand inside, then back out we go to cool off and you guessed it, back inside. Finally it was around 6:10pm and we headed down to the beginning of the parade. My biggest mistake was not bringing warm enough gloves. My fingers were numb by the time we started the parade. You look out in front of you, then all of the lights turn off down Nicollet Mall and you begin to hear the music play from behind you. It was a fun experience seeing all of the kids sitting on the curbs with a giant smile on their faces. Also I don't think I could stop smiling. I'm hoping Best Buy sponsors the parade next year because I really want to be one of those Xcel Energy light bulbs.

After the parade we were on a mission to find Pizza Luce. Aimee and I are not the most knowledgeable about where places are located in Minneapolis but we knew the general area. After going down a few one way streets and circling Pizza Luce twice for a parking spot we had arrived. Oh man was I craving some frickin pizza. We got some mozzarella cheese sticks, a caeser salad and then a delicious 16" pizza. Best pizza eva'!

Oh moron me forgot to bring the digital camera which totally sucks but we did get a Polaroid of Aimee & I in our costumes. Not the best of quality but it will do.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator