Tuesday, December 02, 2008

All Is Good In Da Hood

Aimee went in for her check up this morning and all is good with Baby B. She has an ultrasound appointment on Dec. 23rd where we will soon discover if Baby B is a He or a She. I'm excited to find out what we are having and also to start getting Baby B's room ready.

Aimee and I went down to Hampton Hills Tree Farm on Sunday and cut down a 7 ft fraser fir. I think last year we had a Balsam Fir. As long as the needles stay on the tree and there isn't any large gaps in the branches, I'm good. It's seemed like the tree selection was a little scarce. Most of the trees still standing were 3-5 ft range and looked like Charlie Brown tree. For $35 bucks you can't go wrong considering the tree lots in the cities sell thems for $80-90 bucks. We want to get a fake tree at the end of the season but I'm a little unsure about getting one since I really like the real trees. Of course we have been talking about getting a fake tree for the past 3 years so I'm sure this year will be the same result as in years past.

Work is good. Getting into the busy holiday season. It seemed that Black Friday was a success as there were 400 people in line at the Apple Valley store last Friday. Crazy MFer's. I personally didn't see any good deals that caught my eye. I know Mike N. always wonders what I do at Best Buy. I'm a Promotional Pricing Planner...that's what I do. Before that our title was a Pricing Support Analyst, before that it was a Tactical Pricing Analyst and before that we were just Pricing Analysts. We like to rework our job discription to keep up with the times. I basically make sure that what is in the Sunday insert is correct in the system and online.

Oh I'm a chatty Cathy today, lets continue. So the biking season has pretty much come to an end. I don't have any winter gear and don't really feel the need to freeze my jingle bells off winter riding. I was pretty happy with this years riding season. I hit the trails 3-5 times a week and Lebanon Hills seemed to be my trail of choice. I would have gone to Murphy Hanrehan more often but with the gas prices hitting $4 a gallon I stayed closer to home. I also go in over 40hrs of volunteer time so with that Best Buy cuts a check to MORC for $1,000. Since I'm not biking in the winter that means I have to hit the gym to keep my beer belly to a minimum over the winter months. 45 minutes on the elliptical and some arm lifting usually does the trick. My goal is to go 4 times a week. We'll have to see about that.

That's about all I have. X-Mas list is HERE and updated daily.

-MikeyB

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator