Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday is a Fun Day

My alarm woke me up around 8am this morning. I jumped into the shower, prepared some breakfast and then started to load the Jeep. This morning I had to be at Murphy-Hanrehan park for trail work. But this wasn't any other Sunday trail work. This Sunday was MORBID Murphy Sunday. Which basically means some beer and fun will be involved.

10am myself along with 9 other MORC members headed out into the forest with tools in hand. Today we were working on a new trail feature which should hopefully open in a few weeks depending on how fast 3 Rivers can complete it. We cleared a bunch of brush, trees and started to make an exit and re-ride trail. After 4 hours of work we headed back to the parking lot with one thing in mind, beer and food.

Pete and I created a MORBID skinny this week. The skinny is 14 feet long and is in two sections. 4 bolts connect the two sections together. Nothing too hard, just some parking lot entertainment. It seemed to be a huge hit. Everyone was riding it and trying different moves off of it. Few people were wheeling off of the skinny while others were trying to bunny hop on to it. Pete and I plan to create more additions to the skinny.

After some beer and brats Aimee and I headed out on the trail. The trail was in good condition but it could really use some rain so we can re-shape some of the berms. I was riding the single speed 29'er which I really enjoy riding. No accidents to report, which is always a plus. We did have some sweet dirt pants going on due to the dry dusty trail.

We got back to the parking lot and everyone, 25+ people, were there hanging out and having a few beers. We grabbed our chairs and joined in on the jibber jabber. You get to hear trail stories from the past and other shenanigans. After and hour or so everyone started to pack up and head out.

It was a really great day and hopefully there will be a few more to come. Soon the fall riding will begin which means more night rides. I can't wait.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator