Sunday, May 11, 2008

Fishing Opener

I am back from fishing opener! This year the fish were biting but we were unable to keep most of them because of the 17"-26" slot limit on the lakes. Dad and I ended up catching 9 walleye in about 5 hours of fishing. Dad caught the anchor line more than walleye but he still had a great time. Weather was nice on Thursday and Friday but Saturday mother nature decided to give us 38 degrees and snow. Yes SNOW! It did end around 7pm but it was still wet and cold outside. Arrived home today and I am letting everything dry out.


Beer 30, how can you go wrong? Jason found this beer at the Farmington Liquor store.



I needed to bring cans so why not some Surly.



mmm...stadium brats.



I'm not sure where this can cozy came from but I found it in my garage to keep my hands warm.



The ice was still on the lake. I believe this sets a new ice out record for the lake. The old record was May 10th, 1996.



This is what happens when you have too much to drink and find an ice berg on the lake.



BUSTED!! Mike get off that crackberry!



I found this guy on the outside of my tent. He was around 4" in length.



View of the lake shore.



Dad and I.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Looks like you had fun!

That spider looks creepy...Ewww.

Captain Random said...

Happy B-Day!!

That spider is FREAKY lookin'!!

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator