Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Midwest & Town Hall

I met up with Kris & Petey last night to carpool to Midwest Mountaineering. It was kind of a last minute thing that Petey posted up. We went and drooled at all of the latest and greatest gear. We are planning to hike some of the Superior Hiking trail early June starting at Crosby Manitou and heading south. I think I'm pretty well set for gear. I just picked up some trekking poles and a new UL pack from REI. Both of which will also come in handy when Aimee and I head to Glacier in August. It should be an interesting hike since I really have never done a backpacking trip before. Kris and I are going to share my Hubba Hubba and with 29 sq.ft there might be some accidental spooning involved.

After our little droolfest at MM we drove over to Town Hall Brewery for a quick drink and a bite to eat. Kris and I had the Spring Fest which did have a small IPA bite to it. I'm not much of a fan of the IPA. Petey had the Black Snow Coffee Porter. I took a little taste of it and it was surprisingly good. Definitely a 1 glass beer but if you like coffee, you will love this porter. I also ordered a bigger basic burger with cheddar and bacon cooked medium/well. Holy cow was that burger gooooood! Probably one of the best burgers I have ever had.

-MikeyB

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator