Friday, January 25, 2008

A Long Day

3:45 am - Wake up. Take a shower and have some breakfast.

4:15 am - Leave for the airport. Aimee half awake in the passenger seat.

4:30 am - Arrive at Lindbergh Terminal. Tired as all hell I now get to take my shoes off to go through the security check point. Success I'm not a threat to national security. They didn't even question to why I had license plates in my bag.

4:45 am - Arrive at my gate. Little early since the plane was to board at 5:30am.

5:40 am - I get to my seat. Middle seat...suck. If you take a Boeing 737 you want seat 9. These are the exit seats over the wings that have all of the leg room.

6:00 am - Take off. I now get to enjoy old man breath from the guy to the left of me. He is enjoying his book while listening to air traffic control at 100bd on the headphones provided by the airline.

7:13 am - Flight lands at Chicago O'Hare International Airport. Call up my brother to pick me up.

7:40 am - Get to my parents house. Get the new (used) Cherokee warmed up. Chat a little with my brother.

8:30 am - Leave Elmhurt, IL for MN.

8:33 am - People from IL drive like maniacs.

10:45 am - Just about to get to Madison and I am craving some Taco Bell for lunch.

10:50 am - I see a Taco Bell sign so I take the next exit. Fricken A! It's a Taco Bell express.

10:53 am - U-turn and get back on I90.

11:30 am - Starving! Get off at a Dells exit. You know the one with the water parks. I begin my search for food.

11:35 am - Culvers it is. Thankfully my stomach agreed with Culvers afterwards.

1:30 pm - 10 miles from Lacrosse and it begins to snow.

2:00 pm - Roads are wicked slick. 45 mph I will go.

2:45 pm - Rochester. Now there is snow and wind. People do not get the hit and at flying by me going 65-70 mph.

3:00 pm - I see these people in the ditch and rolled over in a cornfield. I hope it was worth it.

4:15 pm - I arrive home. Tired! Tired! Tired!.

The Jeep worked awesome and is in great shape. I ordered some new rear leaf springs and I will be bring it back down to the stock height shortly. I also picked up some new wipers and lights. Tomorrow I'm going to head to U-pull in search of some stock rims and misc parts.

BTW I name the new Jeep "Little Red"

-MikeyB

1 comments:

Aimee said...

Little Red purrrs like a lion hun!
Glad to hear you didn't shit yourself after Culvers. What a relief huh?

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator