Thursday, August 02, 2007

Flat Tire

That would be me. Petey and I went to Murphy-Hanrehan Park to do some mtn biking. About half way through I ended up getting a flat tire. Luckily we were close to the road. We huffed it up the dirt road to grab a spare tube from my Jeep. Lesson learned to make sure to bring a pump and tube with you on longer trails. Murphy was a great ride with many fast curves and some obstacles. I can imagine riding a few more times out there and we could make it around the 10 mile loop fairly fast. Out in the prairie portion of the trail it looked like the salt flats because of the dry weather. I don't think you can even classify Murphy lake as a lake anymore, more like a swampy marsh. After the ride we got to enjoy an ice cold Spotted Cow. Saturday morning we will ride at Harmon Park or Terrace Oaks. I also need to start looking for a different helmet. I need to get something with better airflow.


Here's a video of my attempt at an obstacle. Pete did end up doing it on the way back.

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator