Thursday, July 05, 2007

That's My Boat...

The new to me boat is now in my hands...well for a couple days. Just to make sure everything was OK with the cooling pump impeller I brought it down to a Marina in Farmington to have it checked out. The impeller is basically the water pump for your boat engine. It sucks in the lake water through the lower unit to cool the engine then spits out a stream of water just below the engine. My Dad and I noticed it wasn't flowing too well at idle so to be on the safe side I wanted to have it checked out and possibly replaced. It's a $30 part but you have to drop the lower unit to get at it and I really didn't want to go there.

The boat is in pretty good shape. It just needs a little TLC cleaning and vacuuming. The best part is I can have 5 people or 900lbs in the boat. That was impossible to do in the old Tuffy boat. We took it out for a spin on Lake Winnebago while we were up in Oshkosh, WI. We do have a slight problem with it fitting in our garage, stupid townhouse garages! We are going to need to do some rearranging and will need to add the break away tongue to the trailer.

This is the only picture I have as of right now. Once I get it back from the marina we'll have to take everyone out for a spin around the lake. And no Jason, I will not trade this bad ass mamo-jama for your tent trailer :P






0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Mikey B's Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator